Nettleton School District
Nettleton Public Schools is home of the "Raiders," with the colors of black and gold.
The mission of Nettleton School District is "to provide an educationally progressive environment that is safe, diverse, and accepting for all students." In 2010, the graduation rate was 89%.
With a total enrollment of 3,213 students in 2013, Nettleton is the second largest district in Craighead County. Its campuses include a Pre-K, two elementaries, two intermediates, middle school, junior high, and high school.
Fox Meadow & University Heights Elementary Schools
The elementary schools are focused on student achievement and guided by five priority goals:
- Math - To improve students' open response, problem solving, and math vocabulary skills.
- Literacy - To improve reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Safe and Drug-Free Schools - To empower students to develop good character, using ethical values in making best choices for a safe and productive lifestyle.
- Wellness and Nutrition - To promote active and healthy lifestyles.
- Learning Community - To develop an effective community of learners with all partners focused on actively engaging students in high-quality learning experiences.
Fox Meadow & University Heights Intermediate Schools (Grades 3-5)
- School average was above state average on benchmark exams in grades 3, 4, and 5 in Math and Literacy.
- Offers Accelerated Reader program and STAR Reading program.
- Offers after school tutoring.
Nettleton Middle School
- Ranked 5th in state for Math benchmark testing in 2013.
- Received award for outstanding education performance in Arkansas Education Report.
- 3.48 average GPA and 88% proficient or advanced in Math.
Nettleton Junior High
- Eighth grade students were above the 50th percentile in all areas of the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills.
- Seventh grade was above the 50th percentile in math and science.
Nettleton High School
- 89.1% graduation rate in 2010.
- Advanced Placement Courses include:
- English Literature and Composition
- U.S. History
- Music Theory
- Fine arts classes include:
- Athletic Programs include:
More information about Nettleton School District coming soon!